CAS’s new Research & Development Technical Center for Manufacturing Custom Heaters won the Best Buildout Award by the Batavia Chamber of Commerce. This 2020 Ole Award recognizes industrial companies in Batavia, IL that dedicate themselves to the geographic area by investing in new manufacturing facilities or building-out existing properties with advanced technical capabilities.
Located on Douglas Rd. in Batavia, not far from CAS Headquarters on Kingsland Dr., the new R&D Tech Center for Manufacturing Custom Heaters houses some of the most advanced technologies available in the industrial heating marketplace. The facility is the domain of CAS’s New Product Development Team, which consists of engineers and technicians dedicated to designing, configuring, prototyping, and testing next-generation, custom-engineered heated components used in a variety of semiconductor, aerospace, medical device, and fluid handling applications.
Because CAS manufactures custom heaters for such a wide range of applications, the Tech Center is equipped with an array of fabrication machines, testing & calibration instruments, imaging devices, and quality control systems.
The CAS R&D Tech Center Features the Following Capabilities & Amenities:
- Vacuum Chamber Testing
- X-Ray and Ultrasound Imaging
- Infra-Red Thermal Imaging
- Data Logging of Temperatures & Other Factors
- Integrated Process Gas & DI Water Supply Lines
- Robust Filtration & Out-Gassing Filtration System
- Helium Leak Detection Technology
- SensArray Temperature Uniformity Testing
- Variable Voltage Performance & Life-Cycle Testing
- Assembly Services in ISO 6 Cleanroom
- Several Multi-Axis Programmable CNC Machines
- Automated Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM)