Medical Device and Biopharmaceutical Heaters
CAS provides high-purity liquid and gas heating solutions to the medical device and medicine processing sectors.
Cast Aluminum Solutions designs and manufactures heated medical device components for use in vital healthcare applications. CAS also offers high-purity heaters for use in biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes. We work closely with device OEMs and plant operators to engineer thermal components that deliver innovations in purity, ease of use, and advanced functionality.
- Medical Device Heaters: High-purity liquid and gas heating components to fit a variety of blood, biofluid, and breathable gas applications & equipment requirements.
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Heaters: Inline heaters and circulation heaters for contamination-free heating of liquid ingredients used in medicines and process fluids.
- New Product Development: CAS's dedicated NPD Team works in very close collaboration with our customers’ engineering teams to specify, design, prototype and test next-generation medical devices.
- Worldwide Compatibility: Products can be manufactured to fit any worldwide voltage requirement.
- Easily Controlled: CAS products are compatible with most standard controls (PID, PLC, etc.).
Liquid and Gas Heating Components for Medical Devices
Nearly all fluid heating instruments from CAS feature isolated flow-paths, a design feature with distinct cleanliness advantages. Heated fluids are sequestered in a high-purity flow-tube (medical-grade PFA / PTFE or electropolished stainless steel), never contacting the heating element or any other heater constituent.
- Blood and biofluid heaters for immunoassay analyzers and blood gas analyzers
- Plasma heating devices for kidney dialysis machines
- Infusion and whole blood heaters for the prevention of hypothermia
- Fluid heating components for intraperitoneal fluids control units
- Blood and oxygen warming units for cardiopulmonary bypass systems
- Vaporizers for heated humidified high-flow (HHHF) therapy / high flow nasal cannula (HFNC)
- Small heating instruments for use in nebulizers with mist heating functions
- Liquid-to-gas vaporization heaters for use in oxygen concentrator modules
- Material choices include stainless steel, aluminum, and medical-grade elastomers (PFA, PTFE, ETFE).
- Coatings and finishes include epoxies, Teflon®, electroless nickel plating, hard-coat anodizing and more.
- Materials and components can be certified to meet multiple standards (ASTM, ASME-BPE, USP, FDA).
Drug Manufacturing and Biopharmaceutical Processing Heaters
Our CAST-X Circulation Heaters offer the same high-purity “isolated flow-path” design featured in our medical device heaters, but with the increased flow and power ceilings required by high-throughput applications such as medicine manufacturing and blood additive processing.
- High-volume pasteurization & heating of liquid ingredients and sterile fluids used in biopharmaceuticals, cough syrups, laxatives, blood products, and other medical ingestibles.
- Heating of water for circulation in limpet coils and tank heating coils
- Liquid peroxide heating for vaporized hydrogen peroxide (VHP) stations
- DI or distilled water heating: initial heating as well as maintenance of recirculating tank temperature
- Heating of diluted solvents and peracetic acid for disinfection and pathogen elimination applications
- Heating applications used in the processing of plasma-derived and recombinant therapies
- EtOH (ethyl alcohol) heating: CAST-X Circulation Heaters are capable of safely heating most flammable liquids and gases. Explosion-proof enclosures are available for such applications.
- CAST-X Circulation Heater options include six base models, with a power capacity to 60 kW. Flow-tubes are 316L seamless stainless steel, electropolished to customer specifications. Passivation is available to meet numerous ASTM specifications.
- Heated media is isolated in the heater's stainless steel tube, never contacting the heating element or any other components within the heater.